shamrock

Monday, December 26, 2011

More Downtown Magic

This time downtown we went into the assembly hall on Temple Square.
It is so nice to get out of the cold and hear beautiful choirs singing Christmas music.
 We did this twice, once during the beginning of the night, and then again at the
end of the night.  We were lucky enough to hear the last choir of the season
perform

 This was in the Tabernacle; another nice place to warm up :)
 Then we went to Sam Weller's book store.  It's been on Main for so long; I can't believe I've never been in there before! Now it is moving locations :( I guess it'll be better for them, but this location is so perfect and old.  I wish I had discovered this treasure sooner.
We spent a good chunk of time looking around, and even got a nifty old book of poems.
We got some dinner and walked around a bit more.  It was a nice Christmas trip downtown.

No comments:

Post a Comment