shamrock

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas with the Powells continued

As Cheesy as it is, it really is great being surrounded by our awesome families at Christmas.  We really couldn't ask for more. That being said, we still enjoy giving each other gifts :)
After the kids opened their gifts the siblings all opened 
the gifts they got each other
Steven and his sister Laura

The adorable hat Simon got 
Sarah got a Harry Potter sweet shop kit
Annie got a Golden Snitch necklace
Jesse, who is in med school, got 'petri dish' soaps that look like
bacteria, they were pretty cool
Ryan got Star Wars ice trays, and a Star Trek pizza cutter
Danny got the complete works of C.S. Lewis
Laura got jewelry, lotion, and a nifty history book
Chip got a photo, game, book, and Harry Potter scarf
(a lot of Harry Potter gifts this year)
I got this really cute painting! and an awesome quote nicely penned out
by Danny and framed.
No, Steven didn't get an Iphone; his gift hadn't arrived yet,
but on the phone is a picture of the Portal (video  game) coasters
that are on their way.
I love the sibling gift exchange and the unique interests of each sibling.
This year I especially loved the homemade gifts, and have come to appreciate them so much more. 



Then we busted out the chimes!
A couple years ago Steven's mom got these chimes from a ward member who makes them.
Each chime is a different note and played together correctly can make beautiful music :)
Annie is our ever vigilant conductress 
It can get pretty crazy
Even the younger ones help out.  
It really is fun to learn the different songs
Then Hadley and Piper delighted us with song and dance :)
I still can't believe how blessed we are to have such wonderful families.
The Powell Christmas Eve was spectacular as usual :) and everyone was there! I think that was the best part.  There are six kids in Steven's family, and I love it when everyone is together.
Of course I can't forget Steven's parents who put this all together and make it all possible, and I know I got pictures of them I just have to find them :)  But they are awesome and we are very grateful for all they do!

1 comment: