shamrock

Monday, March 19, 2012

More of our favorite Holiday

Our St. Patrick's Day consisted of:
  •  Sleeping in until 10:00am!
  • Lounging
  • Eventually getting ready
  • Lucky Charms
  • Irish Cream and Pina Colada cream smoothies with green whipped cream from The Grind (mmmmmm)
  • Perusing different stores just for fun
  • Enjoying the windy and rainy Irish-like day 
  •  while listening to Irish bands.
  • More lounging
Corned beef and cabbage with potatoes and carrots,
   and green-ish bread, shamrock rolls, and smoothies for dinner.
 (first time ever making corned beef and cabbage,
 it may become a tradition)
We also had green shamrock sugar cookies, then lounged some more :)
~
Sunday we had our friends over for some more festivities. Whitney made some delicious Irish soda bread, and Emily made some yummy stew and amazing potato farls (I'm pretty sure I ate half of them).  This was followed by a rousing game of Scattergories.  It was the best.
All-in-all our St. Patrick's day way awesome!  
 

3 comments:

  1. That's more Irishness than I've had in a long time, well done team. But as for the game of Scattegories, we will show you rousing when we come for our next (first) visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you guys made the best of your favorite holiday!! Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think any of will ever think of the "things at the beach" the same again . . . thanks for having us over!!!

    ReplyDelete