shamrock

Monday, March 26, 2012

More Holi-ness

Holi ~ The Festival of Colors
Celebration of spring and the demise of the 
demon, Holika.
These are photos before the color throwing began.
I pretty much loved everything about this experience, 
so there are a lot
We went really early and got a good parking spot. Hardly 
anyone was there yet.


Cicily made a friend.

We got to walk around the grounds and temple before it
got crowded.  It was a beautiful, peaceful morning about
to be attacked with color and craziness. 
Yay I'm a Llama again!


Didn't even know these existed.


The stare down

Inside the temple was really neat.



Kinsie and Cicily

This is the field where the color throwing and concerts happen.


Getting our bags of color to throw in the faces on unsuspecting victims.
I was pretty darn excited.
Bindi's!
Someone even got married there! I saw the bride later, covered
in colors; it looked pretty cool.

Cicily trying on 'pure silk' yoga pants.


Holika, the demon that gets burned.
Wesley and the Demon
Hare Krishna! Krishna! Krishna!

It slowly gets more crowded...

2 comments: