shamrock

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Pride

Steven-
Inspired by Elder Uchtdorf's talk in Priesthood:

The Mightier

The Sword-
I am made of hard steel by skilled craftsmen
I have a sharp blade for striking or cutting, and a hilt to hold me
Only those who know how to use me will wield me
Children cannot lift me, I am too heavy and dangerous
I must only be used for battle and certain special ceremonies
When I am not being used, I must be displayed out of reach
I am glorious, a weapon that has been used by kings, warriors, and conquerors.

The Pen-
I am made by simpletons
I have a hilt and ink to write with
Everyone can use me for whatever they wish
I will write and sketch for children and rulers alike
I will do whatever is asked of me, regardless of importance
I will write until my ink is depleted
I am small, insignificant, and unbiased
Yet through me, one may change the world, as I let them
And I will

1 comment: