shamrock

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Conference Weekend!

I love Conference! We had planned on staying down in cedar to watch it, and Steven's parents were going to come visit. Well, they decided not to come down and my mom called to say they were getting tickets to Sunday morning Conference so we decided to go up north.  We hadn't seen Steven's parents in two months so it was so good to see them! We stayed at their house and ate them out of hummus and tortillas as usual :) We watched Conference with them on Saturday and during the break I had lunch with some high school friends. That night we had a family dinner with the Powell's (that was yummy) before the men headed off to priesthood session. I went to a movie with a few friends ('You Again' it was cute), although driving downtown to see it was not the best idea with all the Conference traffic right as we got out. Some guy nearly hit me because he was texting. We visited my parents that night, then met with Jameson at Nicklemania where Katie works. Some of those games are really fun to play!



Sunday we got up early and headed to Conference. This is the part where I brag about my incredible husband :) He found out that my friend Katie had never even been in the Conference center so since he has been to Conference there three times before he gave Katie his ticket for that morning. She just got home from her mission and he knew it would be a great experience for her.  I was kind of selfish and wanted him to go, I felt bad going without him, but I understood why he did it and I am proud of his decision.  Katie loved it and was so happy to go she nearly cried.  I love my hubby and the awesome example he is to me :)  Ok mush aside, going to Conference is so amazing! I love watching it, but being there you can feel the spirit so strong with that many members congregated together to hear the Lord's servants. I especially love when the choir and congregation sings together, it is so powerful. 
There were so many amazing talks throughout the whole weekend. I loved President Monson's talk on gratitude and how we need to live it, not just feel and express it.  Elder Packer's talk had so many great messages as well; I especially loved what he said about God's laws (moral laws specifically) and how just because the country may vote one way it doesn't change God's law.  Like how if you vote against gravity it doesn't just go away because you voted on it. There were so many great messages like about faith and agency and family, and I feel I could write about them all day, but I wont :) This Conference was just one that personally hit me in so many ways and I came out of it comforted and hopeful.  It truly is amazing to have the living Prophet and Apostles on the Earth today.
We watched the second half of Sunday session at my parents and after we had a lot of people over for dinner, which is always great! All my family was there plus some friends of Jameson's. Of course our soon-to-be-niece Cloie was there and was as cute as ever. She is one fun kid to tease :) 
 This was her with her coconuts :)

    In this picture Jameson was showing her how to put whip cream in her mouth and pop it out to act like a zit..this was her attempt...
Dinner was great and it was fun to have everyone together. We got to see a lot of both families this weekend and that it made it awesome. I miss Salt Lake when we don't go up for a while. Unfortunately we had to leave shortly after dinner. Steven and I talked the whole ride home, mostly about Conference. I love our drives like that, it makes the ride go so much faster and we grow that much closer. It really was great to see everyone and to get to enjoy Conference with family!
Ahh so nice to be home again :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment