shamrock

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Cedar City

It's no secret that I have a borderline unhealthy love of Cedar City, so any time we get to go back I kind of giggle like a child, until we leave and then I want to cry... 
SUU! My favorite campus of all time! (But I really haven't been to many so that's not saying much)
It's just so pretty :) it was nice to see a Cedar City morning again. We ate at all the places we wanted, and got to walk around campus. 

The reason we came, The Shakespeare Festival!

We drove up Friday afternoon in time to see Comedy of Errors, and stayed long enough to see the matinee of Twelfth Night on Saturday. 
Both plays were hilarious and very we'll done, as usual. We were so tempted to stay one more night for one more play. 

Tarts!! Yes, I bought four in one night :) 

We also got to have lunch with some of my all time favorite coworkers (ones who couldn't make are still my favorite too).
It's these wonderful ladies and people like them that fuel my obsession with this place.
Steven asked me which I would be more excited to go to, Cedar City or Disneyland. He was a little shocked when I actually hesitated! Of course I'd be more excited for Disneyland, but I get almost as excited for Cedar too. 
I was thinking about it while we were there. I spent five of some of my favorite years there. It was the first place I'd ever lived that wasn't the house I grew up in. The first time I'd really been 'on my own.' It's where I learned to really manage my money; first by myself and then as a married couple. I made new friends from all over. I fell in love with my major, and more in love with southern Utah. I graduated college here! I learned so much those first two years on my own, and then so much more as a married couple.
 Our first three years of marriage were spent in Cedar City. The list of things we learned would go for miles, but mostly we learned how to rely on each other and become our own family. We made amazing friends and had many adventures. Those first three years were so amazing for so many reasons, and the location played a big part. 
My favorite job was also there. It wasn't perfect, but at the time it was what I needed. My super stressful job before it, and my not-so-fantastic job after it really made me love working at GPA. As mentioned, a huge part of that was the people. It was a crazy but fun atmosphere that I don't think I could ever recreate. 
Not sure why I felt I had to explain my obsession with Cedar City, but there you go :) 
I really could go on and on, but for now we shall close this Ode to Cedar (at least until the next time we stop by:) 

1 comment: