shamrock

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Fichin'

For the first time in our married lives we bought fishing licenses! It's a pretty cheap and easy date so I don't know why we haven't done it before. For our maiden usage the Christensen's invited us out to Willard Bay.


It's pretty shallow and we lost a few hooks that kept getting stuck. The first hour we had no luck so we went to get food at Maddox in Brigham City. Christensen's love it; this was our first time. The fried chicken was pretty tastey. 

We went back to the bay to try our luck at another spot. Tiffany got a bite but lost it before we saw it. I caught a 'monster catfish' (as Taylor called it) that jumped out of the water as I reeled it in. It looked pretty epic when it jumped all glistening in the light with the sunset behind it. Alas, as Taylor went to pick it up out of the water the weak line snapped and it swam to freedom. I caught it, reeled it in, and everyone saw it, so even if there are no pictures I'm counting it :) 
A short while later the same thing happened to Tiffany. She almost had the big catfish up on the shore before her line snapped too. 
Even though we didn't come away with anything it was still a grand afternoon adventure with an amazing sunset! (That neither of us got a picture of..)
And I made a friend:
He wouldn't go away. He finally perched on my chair and stayed there until I packed the chair away :) 

1 comment:

  1. One of my great regrets is that I never took my kids fishing. To this day I don't think they know how. What kind of a dad doesn't fish with his kids?! I hope the concept of a class-action lawsuit is never explained to them.

    ReplyDelete