shamrock

Friday, August 3, 2012

A few Southern Utah moments

Since I'm kind of slow on updating this, and it's been a whole month since we turned back into big-city folk, the next few posts will be about our last week in our beloved Cedar City :)
I got kind of panicked inside about all the things I still hadn't done, or places I still hadn't seen while living in Southern Utah.  Plus I wanted to go to all of my favorite places one last time as well before we left.  Sadly we couldn't fit everything in (Steven still hasn't seen the Grand Canyon!), but that's what vacations are for.
We were lucky enough to attend two plays at the Shakespeare festival!
 We went for dinner and enjoyed the Green show.
 Nothing says 'Shakespeare fest' like a giant turkey leg!

 The Green Show 

 And of course The Tarts! My mouth is watering for one right now...


 This was the stage for Scapin; hilarious play!
 I'm pulling kind of a crazy face, maybe I was a little too excited...
 This was the stage for The Merry Wives of Windsor; also very funny!
 I really hope to keep the Shakespeare Festival a family tradition.
It's worth the drive for the tarts alone!
~
 For most of the time that we lived in Cedar we were called to teach in the Primary of our ward.  After being in the nursery for a bit we taught the nine year olds.  This was our last class :( What a smart group of kids they are! 
~
 The St. George LDS Temple; one of my favorites now.
We had to go there at least one more time before we left, and I'm so glad we did.  I really love this temple, and I'm so glad it was 'ours' for a little while.




 Before we were married and I lived in Cedar by myself, I would go to the temple and do baptisms for the dead.  After, I would treat myself to Nielsens Frozen Custard. mmmmmmmmmm. We've gone a few times since being married, so it was only fitting to go this 'last' time too :)
(Clearly I'm a little food-minded:)

1 comment: