I really really dislike the word 'hate,' but I hate moving!
The actual moving part, like packing boxes and hauling stuff out wasn't too bad (except for the kitchen) because we had a lot of much appreciated help from amazing people. It's the leaving what has been a great home to me for the past five years, and all we've known as a married couple for the last three years, and saying goodbye to everything and especially everyone that we've come to know and love; that's the part I hate.
I kept it together pretty well, except for when it came to our last night in our apartment, and when we drove away from it for the last time. I think my fatal flaw is sentimentality, and when it hits I have this annoying reaction that causes moisture to pour from my eyes. It usually results in a runny/stuffed nose and puffy eyes, depending on the severity. Lets just say my face still hasn't quite recovered.
As we drove through and out of Cedar City we said goodbye to all of the many things we would miss, and to a few things we were happy to leave behind(which wasn't a whole lot). We were still saying goodbye about half way through our trip. Eventually, it morphed into the things we are looking forward to in the 'big city.' Maybe I'll post those lists later.
I know that this is the right move for us, and I'm especially grateful for the new job that Steven starts on Thursday. We've been extremely blessed that he's found such a great job in his field, right after graduation. We're also very happy to be close to family again. It is hard to leave Cedar City. We really love it there and we especially love the people. It has been an amazing place to start our married lives and gain the education that we did. We are really going to miss it. It will always be a special place to us.
We also wanted to thank everyone who has made the Cedar City experience what it was, and to all our family for their support and help in our move.
We is City Folk now!
Maybe you don't like it, but usn's is glad you're here! Now pull up a traffic jam and stay a while
ReplyDeleteI only said I didn't like the moving part. As much as I love Cedar, we are happy to be up here too. And thanks for all your help!!
ReplyDeleteI feel for you! Moving is not fun! I can only imagine how hard it was to leave the home you've made! But we are so excited you're coming home :)
ReplyDeleteIt feels like the 3 amigos is no more without u guys . . . Chris sits at the window all day . . . we don't eat . . . we don't sleep . . . okay maybe not all that BUT your absence is felt everyday! We sit with the Holyoaks and just look at your door and say "Are they really gone? . . . Did they really leave us? . . . Do people really get out of here? . . . YES! Maybe we can too someday!"
ReplyDeleteSerioouosly you are missed . . . but we are super stoked for you . . . adieu guys . . . we plan on our paths continuing to cross all over the place in the future!