A few weeks ago elementary schools everywhere got out for the summer. This includes the school I work at too. Which means that my time at GPA had come to a close :(
We had no definite plans, but I knew I wouldn't be around in the fall.
We had no definite plans, but I knew I wouldn't be around in the fall.
These are the best ladies in the world!
I have loved working with them and I'm going to miss them so much.
I have loved working with them and I'm going to miss them so much.
This was one of our many food gatherings, this one
was in honor of a few birthdays.
Mr. Liechty's Hand
Some good times at GPA:
Omelet day
(a lot of our things involved food of course!)
If you can't tell, the yellow and brown thing in the middle
is a guy dancing. Some local Paiute members came and did
traditional dances and drumming.
Baby goat! We've had a few neat animals come
to visit us throughout the year.
I still have a video of her dancing on a table too :)
Christina and I, not working :)
This little cutie was in the toddler class I taught
when I worked at the daycare. Her mom works at GPA and
she was now going there too. I would always hear, "Hi Miss
Alycia!" when I passed her in the halls.
This little guy cracked me up every day. One
day he just walked in with this on, I was laughing so hard.
Fishing out sleeping kids from under desks was a
semi-common thing for me.
The rarely quiet 'Quiet Room' all moved around.
This is where I spent most of the day.
At the end of the year we usually have a Sp.Ed. BBQ.
This year we went to Yankee Meadows. It's a
very pretty area with a little lake.
Adorable Sage; the food wasn't ready fast enough for
her so she went for something more natural like rocks,
grass, and dirt.
These two saved the day and made up all the meat :)
The food was great, and it was just fun to hang out
with everyone outside of the school.
The next morning there was a staff breakfast:
The administration cooked breakfast for everyone.
This really has been a great place for me to work.
I've learned a lot and I've loved it. I'm sure I'll find another
job I like, but it still won't come close to what I've enjoyed
at GPA with these amazing people.
I've learned a lot and I've loved it. I'm sure I'll find another
job I like, but it still won't come close to what I've enjoyed
at GPA with these amazing people.







They're going to miss you too! I can tell you that you're going to be hard to replace!
ReplyDelete