shamrock

Monday, August 1, 2011

Powell that is a Lake

The annual Jackson Lake Powell trip!
Be warned: Onslaught of photos to follow  

Have to have the nieces of course. Cloie was very tired, 
but very fun to play with :) Poor Mckell was soo hot,
she still did pretty well.  Glad Beth and the kids could
make it.  We missed you Parker!



 Golden boy Jay

 Tube Adventures! That's Shaun above, and below
is everyone trying to fit on one tube before it
tipped them all off.  We won't mention how Cic was
able to get everyone off...poor Derek.



 Finally found a good way to keep her cool, she loved it!

 Steven caught his very first fish ever! So proud of 
my little fisherman :)

 Cicily and Katie playing Salon

The boys in Rob's boat
 
 Jameson and Katie, and the great Lake Powell naps!

 Climbing out of Jay's Crack (self-named after my dad)

 Steven, Shaun, and Wardle propelling the boat with
their flippers.  Our 17 year old boat was having difficulties 
and died a few times.  Luckily after employing various methods
to get us moving, such as flippers, nice strangers swooped in
to save the day :)

 This was breakdown #2 where Steven and Wardle were 
going to tow the boat themselves.
During a real tow by the nice people, our group broke out into
several songs. No doubt making my Dad wonder why he 
brought all of us :)

 He's Hooked :)

 Mouse hunting adventures.  We were woken up by scurrying in the
night so the boys played sniper from the top deck.  The next morning 
the shore was littered with mouse bodies like a battle field. This
particular time a big one got on the boat and Cricket went into
hunt mode.

 Bath time!






 This was our awesome spot under an alcove thing.  It was 
perfect for good shade and staying out of the rain.  It was 
also good for watching movies projected onto the canyon wall :)

 Knee boarding used to be our favorite as kids before we 
moved onto big people wakeboards. I haven't tried it in like 
10 years so I decided to give it a go. It took a few tries but I got up!

Above: Katie driving
Below: Cicily staring at the beauty that is Lake Powell, 
or just waiting for the person in the water to get up.

 Rob landing a jump

 My hubby's turn!
 Look how hot he is :) he even landed a jump or two.

 I was proud I got up right away, then didn't do anything 
interesting because I didn't want to fall hard so I would 
let go after a few minutes.  I'm a wuss all of the sudden

 Pirate Poppy!
And what's Lake Powell without a few bruises? I'm definitely not the
only one to get a few.  This one happened when the boat
lurched and threw me onto the floor.  I got a nice goose egg on my
head too.  Debbie and Katie got quite a few good ones as well.
  For a few more professional pictures check out Steven's Flickr!
We had an awesome time even though all the boats had mechanical issues.
It was fun just to swim, relax and laugh with everyone!
The trip of course wouldn't be possible without my amazing parents and
all of their hard work and frustrations. We're grateful for all you do!  

1 comment: