shamrock

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Weekend Shenanigans

This weekend was great! For my birthday Steven took me to Sweet Basil, this Thai restaurant that is my new favorite place to eat in Cedar. He also decorated our place like Jim and Dwight do for Kelly on one of The Office episodes (if you haven't seen it you should because it's awesome!).  We also went to an art gallery and took a nice walk.  Steven's mom called to wish me a happy birthday and had all the grandchildren sing to me over the phone, it was so cute! It made me really happy :) On Friday my parents came down! We love having people visit. They brought down my new elliptical machine so that I can attempt to work off all the birthday treats :) We picked up Steven from work and headed to the temple. My parents had never been to the St. George temple so we decided to go do sealings with them. It was an awesome experience and I'm glad we got to do that with them.  After that we ate at Olive Garden, I love that place! Steven had never been and he really liked it too. The food is so good, we both got the never ending pasta dish plus appetizers and always the yummy bread sticks.  On Saturday my mom and I went to a relief society breakfast and then we all headed to Bryce Canyon (my parents had never been there).  One of the many gorgeous wonders of southern Utah.  We did the Navajo loop trail and looked at the pretty overlooks.  We were joking the whole time and just had fun. Then we got pizza and watched a movie. Today we went to church and then had dinner and showed my parents the view on the mountain top before they left.  We're glad they came down, we had a blast! The week had been a little stressful for me and I was also getting a really bad sinus infection (I went to the doctor on my birthday and got pills) so it was nice to be able to have such a fun weekend and spend it with people I love.
This is how Steven decorated our place; half blown up balloons, a boring banner with a period, and sad little streamers, I loved it! You have to see the office episode to understand it, but when i walked in from work and saw this I cried from laughing so hard!

 Bryce Canyon

 
Debbie trying to get balanced
Debbie's crown 
This is how Debbie would look over the edge (her fear of heights and all that), so naturally we had to imitate her :)
This is the beginning of the Navajo loop trail called Wall Street. You hike down switchbacks into the hoodoos. It's really neat, when you are down in it, it's like your going into Petra or something. 
who's who?

At the bottom of Wall Street

so strong...
This chipmunk was such a little poser

Debbie Cheating (she went off the path, on a harder way up)

Pinching Thor's hammer
Serenading the canyon

 It's funny how these little guys are such super stars at national parks. You see one surrounded by photo snapping tourists (we were guilty too), and they pose and sit up all cute, they really know how to work it. You'd think it was almost the equivalent of seeing a bear at Yellow Stone. This little guy was hiding from the limelight.

Dad had to rest his back after a long day; this was outside the 5 buck pizza while we waited for our order.  
We really did have a fun weekend. Bryce is such a beautiful place to see. It was great to have my parents visit for the weekend, they're awesome :) 

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome weekend you guys had! I can't think of two more wonderful and deserving folks. :o) Wish we coulda' been there. :o(

    ReplyDelete