shamrock

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Birthday?

It's weird how the older you get (and I'm not saying I'm old because I'm not :), the less birthdays feel like birthdays.  I wish it felt like when you were a kid and it was very exciting because a year older was a year better.  There was usually a theme or just a fun party with lots of birthday cake that you didn't have to worry about going straight to your hips, butt, stomach etc. It just feels off that a birthday feels like any other day when you think back to how as a kid it was the best day ever.  They can still be fun and so far it's been a nice day, but it would be nice if birthdays still felt as great as when you were a kid, everything is better as a kid :) 
It was fun to see everyone over the weekend and have some cake :) Because I'm at a new job no one really knew it was my birthday except a few of the kids I work with.  They asked me a few days ago when my birthday was and I was surprised that they remembered! They wished me happy birthday and one kid even sang. Then a boy asked how old I was and jokingly I said I was, "really really old." And he said "So you're like 20?" since when is 20 really really old??? crazy kids. It made me happy that they remembered though.  
I haven't seen Steven much yet today but he is taking me to dinner tonight at a place I've wanted to try forever! He also gave me a really thoughtful and awesome early birthday present. We went to swiss days and I didn't think I'd have any money to spend there and before we left he gave me a gift card just to buy stuff with there :) haha but i didn't find anything i really wanted to buy there so it went to other things. My parents are coming down this weekend so that should be really fun, more food and probably sweets :D  

2 comments:

  1. Happy! Birthday! Also, I hope that you and your parents have such a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait until you have your own kids, that feeling will come back. I used to get so excited over your birthdays just like mine used to be.
    I'm still that way with Christmas & look how old you all are.

    ReplyDelete