shamrock

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Portlandia

Our last full day we spent exploring Portland.
We ate at Jam. Portland has sooo many unique restaurants. This place was funky and hip (for lack of a better description). My waffles with blueberry and hazel nuts were yummy, but Stevens pancakes infused with lemon and ricotta were addictingly delicious. 

Washington park is a beautiful area. We went to the international rose test garden.
I would love to see the gardens in the spring when everything is in full bloom, but all they still had was beautiful and vibrant. 



A short walk from the gardens is the Oregon Holocaust memorial. It's very sobering and respectfully put together. I'm glad Steven and I spent some time there. 

Powell's! Aside from the fantastic name, this book store is overwhelmingly awesome! I mean really, a whole city block, 5(ish) stories, full of new and used books of every kind, yes and yes! 
You could even get a stuffed uterus, brain, or heart! Now that's a bookstore :)
I wish I had more pictures of all the books, but I was too awe struck to remember to take them. Needless to say we spent a lot of time and money there :)


While everyone else went to the pool, Steven and I walked around Portland's pearl district. We didn't do much, just walked and enjoyed the city. We decided that if we lived there we would go broke ( and get fat) from eating out and buying books all the time. 
We had a very nice dinner with Steven's parents and uncle Dave and aunt Darlene who I hadn't met yet. It was cool to get to know them.

Well done Portland, I'm impressed. 











1 comment: