Steven and I gave blood for the first time. For various reasons neither of us had done it before. I'd like to say I handled it like a champ, and I did, until they were done and about to take the needle out and my body rebelled. I started getting light headed then before I knew it there were hands and cold towels everywhere. I had tunnel vision, cotton-hearing and was fighting throwing up and passing out. I won the passing out battle (I luckily stayed conscious), but I threw up a tiny bit. It was the weirdest feeling ever. Then my body calmed and they gave me treats. Steven was the champ, no problems, although he still has some bruising. We both still felt good about donating and being able to help others in this small way.
We went out to sushi with a few friends for Steven's birthday (after the blood ordeal) the food was great. But I over did it and got a bit sick again.
Saturday we were both a bit drained, so after some work stuff we vegged and relaxed :)
Sunday was my Faja's birthday! He came home from New Mexico (where he's currently working) and surprised everyone. It was so good to see him and wish him a happy birthday in person.
Then we enjoyed pizzas and cake at the Powell's for Steven and Danny's birthdays. Hadley and haegen made signs and hats for them. Laura made awesome cards :)
It was a fun-filled weekend. Here are the pictures:











Didn't they teach you at Vampire School that you TAKE blood..you aren't supposed to GIVE it!?
ReplyDelete