shamrock

Monday, September 19, 2011

Best Birthday (since last year :)

It was over a week ago, but I'm finally posting about my birthday and all of the great 
things we got to enjoy!
That is the yummy Tiramisu cake that we got to engorge ourselves with :)
We decided to take a last minute trip up to Salt Lake during Labor Day weekend.
It worked out better for seeing everyone.  I got to spend a lot of time with my mummy, 
and we were able to just enjoy a lot of family time.  We had some great shopping
trips, and got to go to two great BBQs.
We had a bigger bbq on Sunday and had people over for cake and ice cream.
 She's definitely his daughter...

 Grandma and my dad


 Yep, that ball got her in the face...it's ok to laugh, 
she was fine :)
We originally had two cakes, the lovely tiramisu, and a red velvet cake.
sadly we did not get to enjoy the red velvet...
The cake got placed on the stove, out of the way. My mom went to
turn on the back burner to make baked beans, and out of habit turned the front one 
on...the one with the cake on it...baked beans are bad luck.
In order to have enough cake we quickly made another one.

I love how Cloie helped blow them out :)
It was a lovely weekend full of cake and family, what could be better?
How about adding a Rodeo, shopping, and Thai food!
 That's right, There was a Rodeo in Cedar the night of my birthday, 
and Steven actually said we could go! (after much grimacing and many "if-that's-
really-what-you-want-to-do-for-your-birthday's") He's not really into that scene, 
but I think even he had fun

 I loved the bareback riding.  This guy below got stuck :(
his pants also came off, which would have been funny had he not still
been dangerously stuck to the bucking horse.

 Whitney (whose birthday is the day after mine) and Steven joined us 
on this adventure.  Actually, if they hadn't come I think Steven would've reconsidered.
 That is a tiny baby goat :) The mutton bustin' was adorable! And 
I really enjoyed the Bull riding (of course).  Unfortunately my camera batteries
died, so I didn't get pictures of those.
 I had a blast! I don't really have much to compare it to, but I thoroughly enjoyed it :)
Then Saturday we got to sleep in and lazily get ready (I love mornings like that).
We headed to St. George, and thanks to some previously tight, but newly discovered now-baggy pants, I was in a great mood for some shopping! I actually got some clothes (I'm usually a pretty picky shopper).  We also found some great deals on other things we 
needed.  Then we enjoyed some delicious Thai Food at Benja's.  We'd never been there, 
it was Amazing!  
Sunday we got to delight in some delicious ice cream cake and fun games with our 
awesome neighbors.  And This week our neighbor Emily took Whitney and I out to lunch for our birthdays, it was really great, and so sweet of her to do that!
Needless to say I had an awesome birthday.  As I get older birthdays just don't feel
the same as when I was a kid.  This time it felt like my birthday, mostly because I got to spend it with some great people, and especially because of all the time I got to spend with my amazing husband :)
And of course our tradition of decorating as pathetically as possible.  This
year Steven made it even better with toilet paper streamers and
construction paper balloons :)

1 comment: