Yeah it's been about a month since we last posted anything. It's been a loaded month too!
That's probably why the blog has been neglected; that, and laziness.
We have had a lot of visitors! Right after Easter (which we spent in Wayne county with my family and was awesome) Steven's brother Jesse, his wife Annie, and their two kids, Piper and Miles, came to stay for a few days. We had a lot of fun playing games, rock hunting, and cooking some yummy meals. It was definitely an experience having kids in the house :)
The following week Steven's oldest brother Ryan stayed with us while he worked in St. George, then later him and his wife Caroline came again for the weekend. Unfortunately the weather wasn't the greatest for outdoor adventures, but we still has a lot of fun with them here! Steven's brother-in-law Chip and his son Haegen also stopped in for a night. Although they weren't here long, we're glad they stopped.
The weekend after that our friends, Brett and Aaron came down. We had some fun late night experiments with burgers, bb's, nerf guns and fried eggs... We also planned on going to the Grand Canyon (Steven's never been) and camping. We got to Jacob's lake, the turn off to the north rim (about 2 1/2 hours away), only to find that the North Rim was closed for winter until May 15, we got there May 13th.....Yeah, not too happy about that. So we continued heading East. We stopped at Lee's ferry and the bridge over Marble Canyon before ending up at Wahweap, Lake Powell. The Lake was gorgeous, as always, so it was fun to camp there. The next day we stopped so the boys could unload their arsenal, I helped until I decided to soak in some sun (it was nice at the time until I got the worst sunburn I think I've ever had). We stopped at a swimming hole in Zion before heading back to Cedar.
We'll hopefully get some pictures up soon!
Steven finished his fourth semester at SUU. He did very well in his classes and is ready for the summer break. The school I work at is almost out for the summer as well. I'm excited for the break as well. We have some fun little trips planned, so we're glad the world didn't end on Saturday! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment