shamrock

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Vegas Drive By

As we came out of the Valley of Fire (previous post) we were only about thirty minutes away from Las Vegas.  I'm really not a fan of Vegas and don't really care if I ever go there again, but there are neat things to see. Plus Steven had never been to or seen it so we decided to do a drive by, seeing as the freeway goes right past the strip. 
 I would like to see the Blue man group's show :)

I don't think it satisfied much of Steven's curiosity, it might have increased it, but now he can say he's seen it.  We drove by, turned around and drove by again! On a previous trip with some friends I had tried to find the Vegas Temple with no luck. This time we called my mom who gave us directions and we miraculously found it.  So something nice came out of this part of the excursion.  The Temple is so beautiful.  You pass by all the craziness of the city part of Vegas to this oasis of calm and peace.
A young women group let go as bunch a balloons for a photo shoot.
We left as the sun was setting so we didn't quite get to see the bright lights of Vegas at night, but there was a gorgeous sunset
 

2 comments: