Yesterday I got old again. 27; now I can't tease Steven for being old until April :)
It was pretty much the best birthday.
We had family dinner and cake at my parents on Sunday. Delicious.
I was woken up by crazy thunder, lightening, and rain. I love storms, so this was the best wake up call.
I came out to this:
Then we went to the zoo!
We sat and watched the lions for a while. They're so big and majestic. It was awesome to only be separated from them by an inch or two of glass
It poured with rain half the time we were there, which we loved! We gave up trying to stay dry and strolled around the zoo in the rain.
With the rain, and it being a weekday, we practically had the zoo to ourselves. It was great! The animals were either really active, or really close to the glass to escape the rain, which made it better for seeing them. It was probably one of the best zoo trips ever.
Steven had a soccer game shortly after. They played really well and came up from behind to tie.
Then we ate at Red Lobster :)
The day was the perfect mix of relaxing and active, and I got Steven for most of it! I can't fully explain why, but it was just a really great birthday :)
And it's not over! There's more fun stuff later this week.
Thanks for all the happy birthday wishes!























No comments:
Post a Comment