Today was one of those "little things" days, the kind where it's actually not a bad day but there are a lot of little things that happen that bug you enough that one more little thing makes you want to scream. A few of my little things today included: rancid nasty yogurt in a flavor that I was really looking forward to, already being late for work and leaving then having to turn around because I forgot my purse, many little things at work, being awfully woken up from a lovely-and much needed-nap, and a few other minor things.
BUT as I was about to fall into a pit of bad little things,
I was reminded and bombarded with a lot of good little things: starting with my amazing (and slightly ill) husband coming home from work and just pulling me on the couch for a great big hug. There was also a call from my mummy just to say hi, realizing simple prayers being answered, great neighbors and friends, getting Costa Vida because neither of us felt like cooking, walking outside to see a gorgeous sunset, and my best friend calling to play me an awesome song she just learned for her brand new ukulele.
Point: Even the worst days are full of great "little" things, you just have to look for, and focus on them.
No comments:
Post a Comment